Is it Piriformis in my left glute area or a herniated disc that causes left gluteal pain-sciatica

Q: Is it Piriformis in my left glute area or a herniated disc that causes left gluteal pain-sciatica?

HI I am a 25 years old man that is weight training. I have not been training heavy on legs due to tightness in my "lower back" whenever I bend down. I have had this tightness between my upper gluteus and lower back for over year and it comes and goes. The recent weeks I started to feel pain in my left glute so I started stretching the glutes. When I rolled my left glute which is the (one that felt tight and painful) with a roller I immediately right after was able to bend down and I became very flexible to my very sunrise, no tightness!

However, the rolling was a little painful to apparently my very very tender left glute. After every rolling and stretch to my left glute (and despite that I become very flexible in the lower back), the pain in my left glute, (and kind of my entire left leg) becomes instead more aggravated. So as I now bend down I can reach my toes but I can also feel the pain spreading through my entire leg starting from my left glute. its not a huge pain but it feels deep inside the left glute.

I don't have any pain at all in the lower back region whether before stretching nor after. Its all in the left glute.. So what is the cause of my nerve pinching? could it be a herniated disc or could it originate from the very tight gluteus and Piriformis that is pressing on the nerve?. I just feel like the cause is really the tight glutes pressing on the nerve because stretching that area has immediate effect on my lower back flexibility.. but I am not a doctor... if there is any check test that I can do at home to see what cause it could be I would be very thankful.

Best regards