x
182 Physicians Online

Question:

Is it possible for a 15-year old to get circumcised without their parent's consent?

Could i able to go to the clinic outside my school and tell the clinic person if i need to be circumsized and i dont want my mum and dad knowing? Im 15 awnser this question please IM REALLY WORRIED

Answer:

Try going to a doctor, any licensed doctor, on your own and ask if you may do a circumcision without your parent's consent. Different countries have different laws regarding surgical procedures in minors. Some countries consider 15-year olds as emancipated minors (minors who don't need a guardian or parent's consent to have procedures done); other countries are not very lenient. I hope this helps.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA