Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it possible for implantation to occur 7 days after pregnyl

Is it possible for implantation to occur 7 days after pregnyl

Patient: Hello. I have been taking clomid days 2/6 and on day 12 I got the pregnyl injection in the morning and 32 hours later I ovulated. I am just wondering is it possible for implantation to occur 7 days after pregnyl.

Doctor: Thanks for your query.After ovulation ; for fertilization to take place it takes approximately 6-8 hours if the sperma tozoa are ready in the tubes & uterine environment .After the egg has been fertilized it takes approximately 5 days for it to develop to a blastocyst & another 24 hours for implantation which could be approximately 6-7 days post ovulation , not from the pregnyl injection. Implantation will occur if the successful fertilization has taken place and the embryo has successful developed to a blastocyst and the uterine environment is supportive for the implantation with appropriate preparation and more important the formed blastocyst ( stage of embryo just prior to implantation it is approximately 150-250 celled stage ) is viable to give rise to a pregnancy.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.