Is it possible for me to be pregnant?

Patient

Q: Around the 21st of January I had sexual relations with a guy. We didn't have sex, but he did finger me. It's the 11th of February now and I still haven't had my period. It's regular for me, usually occurring around the 20th or a little later in the month. I know it might sound crazy, but I've been showing a lot of signs that I could possibly be pregnant. I don't know if this guy had any kind of cum on his hands, but I'm really starting to freak out. My period is super late, I'm extremely gassy, I want to eat everything (not sure if that's a sign?) i'm gaining weight quickly, and I'm just can't seem to focus on anything else but this. I was wondering what my chances of actually being pregnant could be? Please help me put my mind at ease.

Symptoms:  Fatigue, stress (from not knowing), weight gain, missed period, gas
Doctor

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

A missed period is when your menstrual period does not happen when you thought it would. A missed period occurs when your menstrual cycle does not follow its customary rhythm. While this is a common occurrence for many women, it may signal an underlying medical condition. The hormones estrogen and progesterone control your menstrual cycle. A number of factors can influence your body’s production of these hormones, including lifestyle factors. This can cause missed menstrual periods. A missed period and abdominal bloating may occur for many reasons that are not cause for concern. However, if your missed periods continue or your bloating worsens, seeking a physician's care can help to determine a root cause. Eating a healthy diet, avoiding excess fat and salt, and drinking plenty of water can help reduce abdominal bloating. Fluids that contain caffeine, including coffee and tea, may contribute to bloating and should therefore, be avoided if possible.

Exercising can help to reduce stress and bloating. However, excessive exercising can contribute to missed periods. Because stress can trigger missed periods, keep your stress levels as low as possible. Engaging in activities you enjoy, exercising, and listening to calming music can all help you relax you and minimize stress. Eating several small meals throughout the day, instead of larger ones, and taking your time while eating them can help prevent abdominal bloating.

Hope this helps you. Get well soon.