Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE LIVING 90 PERCENT OF THIER

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE LIVING 90 PERCENT OF THIER

Patient: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE LIVING 90 PERCENT OF THIER LIFE IN UNIT THAT IS INTERNALY BUILT OF UNSEALED BRICK AND MORTER TO FEEL UNWELL MOST DAYSIF I GO AWAY FOR ONLY A WEEK I FEEL VERY WELL WHILE AWAY BUT IT STARTS AGAIN ON RETURN TO MY UNIT.

Symptoms: JUST SLIGHTLY UPSET IN THE STOMOCK

Doctor: HelloI have read your question and can understand your concern.When you stay in a place which is light deprived and closed space for long periods of time without proper exposure to environment and sunlight it causes neurons producing Dopamine ,serotonin and epinephrine to get damaged.Also circadian rhythm which requires proper light is not maintained which cause damage to brain systemsthat regulate mood.This causes sadness of mood, easy irritability, loss of interest in everything,sleep and appetite disturbances etcThe mode of treatment is antidepressants (SSRI and SNRI ).The course of treatment takes around 4 to 6 months.Also apart from medical treatment it is essential to have good exposure to light as well as social interactions.Hope I could solve your query.Feel free to write back.