Is it possible for someone to get pregnant if they have sex while being on period? (on bcp)

Patient : My wife is and has been on Loette birth control pill for almost a year. she had her on time period so she had to stop taking the pills for 7 days. on the 7th day of her period she stopped bleeding in the morning and then we had unprotected sex which I ejaculated inside her at 10 pm. the next day she started taking her birth control pill as usual in the morning. are we safe? i am scared that sperms have already reached the eggs :( i would so appreciate any help.