Is it possible I'm pregnant?

Q: On Wednesday I was with my boyfriend and we messed around and I gave him a hand job and he ejaculated then we went home and he washed off and used the restroom and then we ended up having sex for the first time for about two minutes. I was scared to death that his precum could've caused me to become pregnant since we didn't use a condom. Also it was only 5 days before my period. It's now Monday and on Saturday I was spotting then Sunday I had a heavy flow like a normal period so I thought I was okay but now it's Monday and my flow is lighter. Could I be pregnant?

A:   Having a period regularly and yet being pregnant is really very unlikely. Moreover if the said intercourse that you describe was 5 days before your period there was no chance you could've ovulated and gotten pregnant (provided of course your cycles are not irregular). To top it all, there was no ejaculation inside your vagina so the chances of pregnancy are really nil unless you have forgotten to mention something.
For the future, remember although precum does not contain active sperms and very rarely can get someone pregnant it is still not safe to have any unprotected intercourse. Other than the risk of unwanted births you are also subjecting yourself to a risk of sexually transmitted infections.
Remember that whenever in doubt it easier to take a home pregnancy test than stressing about the possibility of a pregnancy.
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in your urine. You should wait at least one day after your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, although waiting a week is considered best.
Most home urine tests are similar in principle however there are certain differences in how you must do the test such as the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not. It is important to follow manufacturers' instructions as specifics may vary for each pregnancy test kit.
I believe this time you have been fortunate however your luck may not always favor you. Visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and use of emergency contraceptive or morning after pills.