Is it possible it could be something else rather than a STI ?

Patient

Q: My long distant partner and I recently spent the weekend together, we had been having lots of unprotected sex and now I'm getting sores or red raw skin underneath the shaft and head of my penis.
Before she came up I did shave my genital area, I'm just wondering is it possible that the growth of the hair coming back or the amount of sex we had could cause this rather than having an STI ? It been getting quite itchy over the last two days also. I will go get it checked tomorrow but I am looking for advice before I do.
Thank you

Doctor