Is it possible that I may be pregnant?

Patient

Q: My period came on time when i was expecting it. I have been sexually active the whole month before it came. It is usually 5-8 days but this month it lasted only half the day. Does this mean I may be pregnant?

Symptoms:  My period was only half the day, I have really bad heart burn even just drinking water, I sleep way more than i even have, My back is sore, And I have been having high sense of smell
Doctor

thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

If your period have been reduced to half a day from your natural 8 days period , then it is unlikely that its your period. If you have been sexually active all this cycle without nay form of contraception then this could possibly be an implantation bleed unless proved otherwise.

You may perform a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy first before any further differentials can be contemplated. The symptoms of distaste , smell, sleepiness, sore back, often mimic premenstrual syndrome which indicate that menses are to follow, but when pregnancy is ruled out.

I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you good health,
regards