Is it possible that I will lose weight with the Medifast diet?

Q: Dear Ask The Doctor:I am 20 years old. I used many diet pill and different diet programs but have not been able to lose weight. 5 months back I started on a diet program from the internet and was able to lose 10 pounds, which I have not been able to maintain. Is it possible that I will lose weight with the Medifast diet. I also want to know how much weight will I lose with the medifast diet?

A:   Provided dieters can stick to the plan, afford the foods and eat everything that is provided, they should be able to lose weight. Medifast seeks to balance its foods nutritionally, with protein, carbs and other nutrients, to ensure that adequate nutrition is received, and warns that not eating all of the foods can actually stall weight-loss, as the body begins to seek certain nutrients and hangs on to excess weight.Individual results will vary. Clinical studies indicate that most people lose an average of up to 2-5 lbs per week with Medifast. The scale isn't the only test, so check other indicators such as your waistline measurement and how well your clothes are fitting you. Individual results may vary, and are dependent upon various factors such as your starting weight, targeted weight-loss goal, level of exercise, presence of medical conditions, use of medications, accuracy with diet compliance, etc. As with most diets, Medifast suggests that you consult with your physician prior to starting a weight-loss program.