Is it possible that you can get pregnant if you

Patient

Q: Is it possible that you can get pregnant if you had sex then you got menstruation the day after sex?

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you. If a female gets periods after the play she had, she is safe even if the intercourse is done one day prior to getting the periods. In fact, traditionally 2-3 days after completion of periods is considered as safe periods, as one needs to be ovulating to get pregnant. Ovulation occurs around 14th day the cycle.
But all these laws are for the people having normal menstrual cycle. I would advise you to be cautious next time and to use protection while having any sexual activity.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy