Is it possible to do breast enlargement on myself?

Patient

Q: Is it possible to do a breast enlargement on myself and how would I do it? I know it's not recommended but I can't afford to get it done professionally and I can't get it done through the NHS. If it is possible how would I do it?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.

PLEASE do not attempt to perform any type of enlargement procedure on yourself. There is nothing that can be done outside of breast augmentation by a plastic surgeon. Anything you do to yourself can be very dangerous and can result in life threatening infections. If you cannot afford to see a plastic surgeon, please refrain from anything else. Do NOT under any circumstances, do anything yourself, or go to an unlicensed practitioner.