Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it possible to experience implantation bleeding the day/w

Is it possible to experience implantation bleeding the day/w

Patient: Is it possible to experience implantation bleeding the day/week my menstrual period is due? My fiance and I have been trying to conceive. I am 24 he is 38.

Symptoms: Extremely light period (if you can call it that) lasted a day and a half followed by occasional light spotting

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,Yes, it is very much possible to experience the implantation bleed even in the last week of your menstrual cycle simply when you have had unprotected intercourse in the 3rd week and implantation bleed can ensue in next 5-7 days. This can further be confirmed in retrospection by getting a serum beta hcg test done which if found to be raised shall confirm conception and hence the implantation bleed as well. sO Please get the serum beta hcg test done to confirm or rule out pregnancy first.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards