Is it possible to form allergies to a medication over time?

Patient

Q: I am taking two 60 mg capsules of ziprasidone Hcl at night. I have been taking it for a few months now and i think i have formed a allergy to this medicine. Yesterday I had done nothing different from the ordinary but i started to have a tight chest then my throat started to close up. This has not happened in 5 years and since the last time I am not taking the same meds. is it possible that i have formed a allergy to my Ziprasidone Hcl?

Symptoms:  Tightness of chest, swelling of the throat, swelling of the tongue, and inability to breath
Doctor