Is it possible to get a friction burn from having

Q: Hi, is it possible to get a friction burn from having sex? A few days ago my boydfriend and I were having sex, and at one point I dried up but we still kept going for several minutes. Almost immediately after I felt extremely sore, but it was still bareable. The next day, I couldnt go to the toilet as the burning sensation from urination was unbareable. Now after two days its still here. I took a picture just to see what it looks like, and it literally looks like the skin has been scrubbed off and its kind of yellow. It looks like its healing, however the pain is still there. This has happened once before, however the scar wasnt as big and it healed up pretty quickly. At first I thought it was herpes, but we both got tested before and after. Both test resaults came out negative. Is it possible to get a friction burn?

Symptoms:  Burning sensation all the time, and especially while urinating

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

As you mentioned that you had gone dry during the intercourse and still both of you went on, hence there is all possibility that frictional abrasions could have bene caused inside the vagina which are similar to scratches one get over the skin.

As the blood supply to the vagina is really good the healing still generally takes 3-5 days to complete and can occur naturally without any medication unless a repeat frictional injury reoccurs.

It is common to experience burning sensation while urination because the warm urine when it touches the abraded area, it tends to give a burning sensation. This can be prevented by simply applying petroleum jelly thrice a day over the abrasions till complete healing occurs.

This doesn't seem to be a urinary tract infection either as we have a definite cause to it.

So presently you just need to avoid intercourse till it completely heals itself and as you both have been screened for STDs, so there is no chance of you contracting one either.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
Feel free to discuss further,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Ill add pictures just to be on the safe side. Will petroleum help with the burning sensation? No I got tested for urinary tract infection as well. I had a full check up at the gynecologist two weeks ago and everything seems to be fine. I
Doctor: Hello,
I am not seeing any pictures attached here, guess you need to add them . Petroleum jelly or simply VASELINE shall create a protective layer over the abrasion and prevent from warm urine to irritate the abrasion and cause burning. If need be you can apply it 4-5 times a day till the burning completely subsides or the lesion heals.
Patient: Thank you so much for your answer, its put my mind at ease. I am trying to upload the picture by clicking add files, but when i click comment the picture dissapears.
Patient: Here is an additional picture as its on boths sides.
Doctor: Yes its a frictional rub abrasion and its nasty indeed , this may take some time to heal completely. Just apply vaseline and try to keep it dry as much as possible especially after using the loo. The drier it would be the earlier it shall heal.
Patient: Thanks for your help, i will keep it clean and dry with vaseline.
Doctor: thanks and take care.