Is it possible to get pregnant a week before your period

Patient : Is it possible to get pregnant a week before your period?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. The chances of getting pregn ant are least when the woman is on her period and a week before it. These are considered to be the safest days, with a minimum pregnancy risk. This is because the ovulation occurs between the second and the third week of periods considering a regular 28-30 day cycle. So the chances of getting pregnant a week before period are minimal. Hope this was helpful, Regards