Is it possible to get pregnant without actual intercourse?

Patient

Q: Is it possible to get pregnant without actual intercourse? My boyfriend and i have been "dry rubbing" without any clothes on and he hasn't ejaculated or anything near my vagina. This started early March. To this day i've been experiencing breast pains and what not. I started my period cycle yesterday. I also took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came out negative. It was kind of spotting and this afternoon the flow was heavy and it became light again. I was wondering what the chances are that i am pregnant.

Symptoms:  Tender breasts
Doctor

Thanks for the query,

If you both as a couple were involved in dry humping and there was no intercourse or ejaculationat all, then there is no chance of pregnancy. Moreover you had your menses recently and also the pregnancy test is negative confirmatively ruling out pregnancy. The earlier pregnancy like symptoms like sore breasts, nausea, headache, mood swings, lower abdominal ache all form a part of premenstrual syndrome or PMS which indicate that menses shall ensue in next few days and what has happened to you. So relax and rest assured you are not pregnant.