Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it possible to get wider hips after puberty?

Is it possible to get wider hips after puberty?

Patient: Is it possible to get wider hips after puberty? I’m 24 old girl and my hips are not widen and it is narrow compare to my shoulders? Does exercise help?

Symptoms: Narrow hips

Doctor: Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.If your bone structure is narrow it would be difficult to widen your pelvis. There is a possibility of enhancing your gluteus muscles and hence giving your hip a wider look. You need to exercise and develop your gluteus muscles. I recommend a visit to a gym instructor who can guide you in the best possible way. Hope this information was useful