Is it possible to grow Height through MENS routine?

Patient

Q: Many people online claimed that they got height increases from MENS routine (melatonin, exercise, niacin, and sleep) They said that if your growth plates are open it would work. Also, they mentioned that Niacin slows down the process of the growth plates fusing and helps increase growth hormone.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The medical evidence that is exists at present regarding the use of this melatonin, niacin for growth is inclusive. However, exercise and adequate sleep has been proven to be a vital component of healthy growth, and the prevention of disease. We recommend that you continue to exercise and have adequate sleep each day. We do not recommend taking melatonin and niacin supplements for the purpose of growing taller. In fact, growth is almost entirely determined by genetic inheritance from one's parents. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your health query.