Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it possible to impregnate someone four days prior to ovulation

Is it possible to impregnate someone four days prior to ovulation

Patient: If a girl sleeps with me 4 days prior to ovulating and then with a different Guy the next night and every day since Then and 7 weeks later tells me she is pregnant is it possible for me to be the father still ?????

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible for a woman to become pregnant at any point during their menstrual cycle. De termining the paternity of the pregnancy if there has been multiple partners can only be done after the child is born and genetic paternity testing is performed. The child could possibly be yours or any other of the men she has been with.Genetic paternity testing is commonly done by taking a saliva sample from inside the mouth of the child and potential father. This is samples are sent to a laboratory where they are genetically sequenced and compared to determine paternity.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com for your medical question.