Ask The Doctor > Pending > Is it pregnancy or something else?

Is it pregnancy or something else?

Patient: Let me start off by saying I have pcos and am overweight, I haven’t had a natural period in about 11 years (I am 28) although I have taken provera to have a period i haven’t done so in about a year. Last week I had been cramping for about 2 days. My husband and I had sex (not rough or hard) and afterwards I started spotting. Didn’t think too much of it but went to bed and for up the next morning still had some cramping and had spotting (was clotted) my family has a history of miscarriages with the first pregnancy so my mom told me to just prop my feet up and take it easy if I had any more problems go to the dr. I was fine as long as I was sitting/lying down but would cramp if I got up. The next morning I felt better so I went out to run errands was ok but by the afternoon of being on my feet all day started to spot again. I haven’t had any more spotting. Since then but did have discharge for about 2 days up until about Wednesday. Now I am normally fine unless I bend over or lift something heavy…any ideas as to what could be the cause?

Symptoms: Cramping

Doctor: