Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it safe for my baby to go to my

Is it safe for my baby to go to my

Patient: Is it safe for my baby to go to my moms house?My mom lives with a smoker. He’s been smoking only in the garage, but I’m still concerned about “third hand” smoke. Is third hand smoke unsafe for my baby if she visits once a week? Can it harm her health?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.No, since the person smokes in the garage and the fact that the baby is visiting once a week, there is no reason to worry.There has been no conclusive studies which show that third hand smoke is harmful for the baby.So, the baby can visit his grandmother.Hope this was helpful,Regards