Is it safe/healthy to stop my Jolessa (extended cycle) birth

Patient

Q: Is it safe/healthy to stop my Jolessa (extended cycle) birth control mid-cycle? I'm about 1.5 months into my pack.

Doctor

You may decide to stop in the mid-cycle if you are finding it difficult to comply with but you shall not stand protected for the cycle against pregnancy and may experience intermenstrual heavy to light withdrawal bleeding which may involve clots and may last for few days. However, it should not cause any disruption in the regularity of your future cycles though your dates shall stand changed hence after the decision and the date of bleed.

Hope this helps.