Is it safe to consume Sorbitol while 6 week pregnant?

Patient : Am 6 week pregnant and doctor recommended Sorbitol and tricholine citrate. However, after browsing through web, i became a bit confused whether i shall consume this or not? Last time i suffered with abortion (though i had not consumed sorbitol and tricholine last time). Can you pl assist? Writing on behalf of wife Thanks in advance
Symptoms:  Pregnant
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Sorbitol and tricholine citrate combination is used as a la xative. Though this combination of drugs is not specified under pregnancy category. Better to avoid this as tricholine citrate belongs to category D drugs in pregnancy, means there is some possible risk to the fetus. Instead, you can prefer lactulose containing laxatives, which belongs to category B drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have failed to demonstrate adverse effects on fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. So, please discuss with your doctor and follow her advice. Take care