Is it safe to deliver twins naturally?

Patient: Good morning Doc.I had my first Child via Cs due to weak contraction and weakness. Is it a good decision to try vaginal delivery for my second pregnancy as I am having a set of twins?

Symptoms: none. normal pregnancy

Doctor: Good morningWhen you are gestating twins and also had a previous C-section it is always better to opt for a C-section instead of taking risk. But your gynecologist would be the right person to decide in co-ordination with the sonologist. The cervix should be favorable and pelvic shape suitable for the baby to descend down. Generally when the lady is gestating twins, cerclage is done to prevent pre term delivery, doubt whether you had undergone anything like that. Therefore it is always advisable to take decision after discussing with your doctor.Hope that answers your query. Wish you good luck for your pregnancy.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts