Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it safe to eat fast food while pregnant?

Is it safe to eat fast food while pregnant?

Patient: I have a couple of questions if that is ok. Is it safe to eat fast food while pregnant? Is it safe to have sex while pregnant? How far along do you have to be before you can hear the babies heart beat?

Doctor: I understand your concern about pregnancy. There is no contraindication on eating junk food during pregnancy; certainly you will start to feel an increase in appetite especially during the second and third trimester, I would suggest you not to eat spicy foods since an increase in the risk of gastric reflux might happen.If there is no risk of miscarriage or other condition such as an incompetent cervix that might favor a baby loss during pregnancy there would be no contraindication for sexual practice as well, usually it is not recommended to have sex after the 7th month. I wish you a successful pregnancy.