Is it safe to eat sushi while pregnant?

Patient : Is it safe to eat sushi while pregnant? I heard its ok as long as the raw items are like sushi & shrimp
Doctor :   Hi Thank you for the question, I would say no. Although the chances of getting a parasitic infection from eating su shi are slim, the consequences are severe enough that you wouldn't want to take the risk. A parasitic infection probably couldn't get through the placental barrier, but a parasitic infection could give you liver or gastrointestinal problems that might then affect your baby. Some parasitic infections can lead to anemia or serious malnourishment in the mother or even cause miscarriage. I hope this will help you.