Is it safe to give my 8 month old son

Patient : Is it safe to give my 8 month old son pedialite and if so how much
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. You have not mentioned why you want to give Pedialyte to your ch ild. In case, your child is having loose stools, and that too severe watery, in that case you can give Pedialyte to your child but that has to be given weight based only. You have not mentioned the weight of your child, so it is difficult for me to help you with the dosage. Apart from that, you should give him/her your milk and if you have weaned your child then give him plenty of water. Give him the amount of water, he accepts. In case, he is not accepting water, and is irritable and crying, take him to your doctor immediately. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy