Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it safe to have sexual intercourse after having a

Is it safe to have sexual intercourse after having a

Patient: Is it safe to have sexual intercourse after having a complicated miscarriage on 30 May the complications were told to me as an infection and vagina bleeding and something about endometriosis I had to have a blood transfusion but it has been a week and I’ve been taking my antibiotics can I have sexual intercourse lightly like? Please help me

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is recommended that you avoid intercourse, until 6 weeks of the abortion as you ha ve a history of endometriosis as well. It can trigger an infection or bleeding as the vaginal tissues need time to heal. You can take a chance yet and have a protected intercourse.Hope this helped.Regards