Ask The Doctor > Pending > Is it safe to start course of fertility drugs?(menopur)

Is it safe to start course of fertility drugs?(menopur)

Patient: Trying to conceive : In the last cycle I completed a course of low dose menopur (days2-12)to induce ovulation followed by a hcg injection (day 13) and natural relations. Now it is day 30 of cycle and I have spotting, some blood once in morning , only small brown spots after. no full period. Home Pregnancy test is negative. Is it safe to start another course of menopur-could I be pregnant?

Symptoms: Now it is day 30 of cycle and I have spotting, some blood once in morning , only small brown spots after. no full period. Home Pregnancy test is negative. Due to start menopur course on day 2 of this cycle but dont know if i had a real period.

Doctor: