Is it safe to take birth control pills before laser hair removal?

Patient : Is birth control photosensitising and will I pigment after having laser hair removal?
Doctor :   There are certain drugs that increase the photosensitivity of the skin. These medications include acne treatments, birth control pills, hormone treatment and anti inflammatory drugs. As the drug is absorbed into the system, the photo-reactive compounds cause damage to the skin when exposed to UV light. Some individuals react more than others, and maybe you may not develop any reaction at all. However, I would recommend consulting a qualified laser hair treatment specialist/dermatologist. You may be required to discontinue birth control pills before and after laser hair treatment to avoid any complication.