Is it safe using lidocain spray BP 10% for delay

Q: Is it safe using lidocain spray B.P 10% for delay ejaculating?
What would be the side effects?

A:   Hi.
Thank you for writing to ATD.

Lidocaine spray is used to reduce tactile sensitivity of the penis in advance of intercourse as a means of delaying ejaculation in cases of over-rapid or precipitant ejaculation. It is a commonly used method to treat premature ejaculation. Washing off after intercourse is recommended. Side effects are rare if used as per Doctor's recommendation. Allergic reactions may be experienced by a few users. Heavy systemic intake may cause serious side effects, but a few sprays on the skin is generally considered as safe.

Please ask your prescribing Physician if you are facing issues with the medicine.
Wish you good health.