Is it STD or Immune Disorder?

Q: What do you think's going on?

I've had an updated STD test, it was positive for Candida Glabrata yeast and an overgrowth of "bad" bacteria, and I know from a pap smear I have HPV and possibly HSV2. They gave me meds, I took them and it came back. I've had this problem for a year now. I've also had oral thrush for the past 3 months. I have NOT been tested for HIV. I don't eat a lot of sugar (never really have) but I've especially cut it out due to this yeast and it's been easy since I haven't had much of an appetite for 6 months. Oh, and I also have urinary urgency issues. Sex is just intolerable, terrible pain, and I haven't been active in many months. I was active though, and with strangers (hence possible std issues). I'm a 22 year old female, with a 21.2 BMI. Please help, I have no health insurance.

Symptoms:  Yeast, bad bacteria, urinary urgency, std, lack of appetite

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

You seem to have some sort of immune disorder. The immune disorder makes sense as you have multiple and mostly unrelated symptoms. If you do not have health insurance I cannot tell you how to proceed.

You can try to go to a free clinic and see if they will check you up. You can also get checked up into a trial so that your treatment will be free or cheap. Other than this, I do not see many other options. HSV can also weaken the body and cause the immunity to weaken.

Hope this helps you.