Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is it STD or Immune Disorder?

Is it STD or Immune Disorder?

Patient: What do you think’s going on?I’ve had an updated STD test, it was positive for Candida Glabrata yeast and an overgrowth of “bad” bacteria, and I know from a pap smear I have HPV and possibly HSV2. They gave me meds, I took them and it came back. I’ve had this problem for a year now. I’ve also had oral thrush for the past 3 months. I have NOT been tested for HIV. I don’t eat a lot of sugar (never really have) but I’ve especially cut it out due to this yeast and it’s been easy since I haven’t had much of an appetite for 6 months. Oh, and I also have urinary urgency issues. Sex is just intolerable, terrible pain, and I haven’t been active in many months. I was active though, and with strangers (hence possible std issues). I’m a 22 year old female, with a 21.2 BMI. Please help, I have no health insurance.

Symptoms: Yeast, bad bacteria, urinary urgency, std, lack of appetite

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.You seem to have some sort of immune disorder. The immune disorder makes sense as you h ave multiple and mostly unrelated symptoms. If you do not have health insurance I cannot tell you how to proceed.You can try to go to a free clinic and see if they will check you up. You can also get checked up into a trial so that your treatment will be free or cheap. Other than this, I do not see many other options. HSV can also weaken the body and cause the immunity to weaken.Hope this helps you.