Is it yeast infection or trichomoniasis?

Patient : I just found out my partner was diagnosed with trichomoniasis. We have only had sex with each other, but he has had unprotected with one person a year before me and I have had uprotected sex with someone a year before we met. Is it possible that either one of us could have given this to each other. I do notice that when we have intercourse, it is painful. I recently had a total hysterectomy, no cervix only ovaries and I thought maybe the pain was from him hitting my healing area. I have an apt with my gyn just to be safe and he's still waiting on additional blood results. Any information you can provide would be helpful.
Symptoms:  I have no symptoms. only slight pain during sex when penetration is rough.