Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is medical mariguana good for ovarian cyst.

Is medical mariguana good for ovarian cyst.

Patient: Is medical mariguana good for ovarian cyst

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,Marijuana has been shown to assist in treating pain of chronic t erminal illnesses however there is no conclusive research based on its effect reducing the size of ovarian cysts. These cysts usually respond to hormone based prescription medications or in the most severe cases, surgery. Marijuana per se has no role in reducing the ovarian cysts, be it endometriotic or simple follicular cyst. I would recommend that you do not start any therapy such as marijuana, or any other treatment for your pain until you are thoroughly assessed by your doctor and the risks and benefits of said treatment are explained in detail to you. Marijuana is still considered an illicit drugs in many countries and possession of it may carry criminal charges.Please speak to your doctor for further detail on this and the legal ramifications pertaining to medical marijuana in your state as the only practical medical use of marijuana remains pain management in chronic illnesses or for terminal cancer patients.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards