Is Melatonin bad to take when you are trying to

Patient : Is Melatonin bad to take when you are trying to concieve? I have read several good and bad articles on it and Im just unsure.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. According to FDA, melatonin belongs to the category of not classified drugs in pregnancy. There are no well-controlled studies regarding its effects on fertility and pregnancy. So, better to use the drug after consulting your doctor only and try to keep the dose minimal, preferably less than 3 mg per day. If you conceive while using melatonin you have to undergo regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations to detect any possible anomaly at the earliest, so that management can be planned accordingly. Take care