Is mild facial swelling while taking spironolactone normal o

Patient : Is mild facial swelling while taking spironolactone normal or an allergic reaction that means i should stop taking it? I have no other doctor to ask and this is urgent. Please Doc
Symptoms:  Swelling near the lip/cheek that lasts about an hour. Just one lump that looked similar to one you'd get with an abscess tooth.
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform. Spironolactone is unlikel y to cause facial swelling and puffiness. In such scenario, possibility of allergic reaction is more likely. You should see your doctor and let him evaluate. If he finds that this is an allergic reaction, he would change the medicine to some other class of drug. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.