Is my gf pregnant or is it just symptoms of the plan b pill

Q: Me and my gf were having sex when the condom broke, I did not ejaculate into her, but had her take plan b pill 13 hours later. For the past several days she said she has been feeling totally normal, but she just threw up, is it a sign that she is pregnant. And are there any other things we can do to make sure she doesn't get pregnant

A:   An unprotected intercourse results in pregnancy only when a woman is in her so called "Fertile Period". The fertile period of a woman is determined by analyzing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period. Ovulation may not occur at a predictable time in the menstrual cycle, however. A number of factors may cause an unexpectedly early or late ovulation, even for women with a history of regular menstrual cycles.
plan B is an emergency pill. An emergency pill or ECP is a birth control pill that can prevent pregnancy after an unprotected intercourse. People sometimes call it the "morning after pill." But you don't have to wait until the morning after sex to take it. In fact, ECP is more effective the sooner you take it. It is a one-dose regimen: you take one pill. The pill contains 1.5 milligrams of levonorgestrel, which is used in lower doses in many birth control pills. Such emergency contraceptive pills containing Levonorgestrel are hormonal pills and thus the may cause changes in the hormonal system of the body. This may cause unscheduled vaginal bleeding giving rise to irregular menstrual pattern. Get a home pregnancy test done and consult your physician for a check-up
A pregnancy test attempts to determine whether a woman is pregnant. Markers that indicate pregnancy are found in urine and blood, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. Most chemical tests for pregnancy look for the presence of the beta subunit of hCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin, in the blood or urine. hCG can be detected in urine or blood after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization.
All contraceptive methods have failure rates specific to them. Please get a home pregnancy test done and consult your physician for a check-up, especially if you are beyond your dates. Do seek advice for nausea, as this may be related to stomach upset as well, in addition to pregnancy.