Is my girlfriend pregnant ? Okay so we are very

Patient

Q: Is my girlfriend pregnant ? Okay so we are very scared because my girlfriend is only 16 and I'm 14 (the guy) . We had sex and used condoms , I tested all the condoms and none of them had holes . we are very afraid because she was supposed to get her period Wednesday and it is now Friday . But her other friend got it a week late when she had sex so we don't know if she should worry . we took 2 cvs pregnancy tests both came out negative . but I heard they can come out wrong . We had sex again and she bleeds after every time Which is making us more afraid . We do not know why she bleeds . We cannot have a kid , do you believe she is pregnant ? What should we do if she is because we can't tell parents

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.
So, better to wait for few more days.
As you used condoms, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
If your friend doesn't get periods even one week after expected date, let her go for urine pregnancy test once.
Postcoital bleeding can be seen due to causes like rupture of hymen, abrasions or tear over vaginal mucosa, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion etc.
Better to avoid intercourse for one to two weeks, which may allow the possible tears to heal.
If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.

Take care.