Is my lower back pain due to a torn muscle or ovulation?

Patient : I am a 17 year old female and I have had the worst lower back pain these last few days. It hurts basically every time I move, I can hardly laugh, cough, or sneeze without pain. My mom suggested it was cramps from ovulation, because the timing seems about right, but I'm not so sure because it is located on both sides and has lasted more than five days. The pain started out pretty minimal at first but it has gotten far worse to the point that I can't even bend without feeling intense discomfort. It goes from my sides and wraps around my lower back, that's the best way I can describe it in text. I was just curious if it were related to ovulation or, if judging by the symptoms, I somehow tore a muscle. I've tried taking over the counter pain medication but none of it has worked.
Symptoms:  Lower back pain when I bend, laugh, cough, or sneeze. Constant and severe discomfort in the lower back.