Is my mum telling the truth

Patient : I am 16 years of age and i got told by two professionals a doctor and my councillor that I am depressed i am always upset and crying al the time and i take panic attacks while crying, i hit myself and punch myself if i do something wrong and i call myself an idiot if i lose something, i got bullied in the past and rumours still happen i should be happy with my life but im not, my councillor referred me on to more support but my mum thinks I dont need this she thinks I'm not depressed and that I'm attention seeking, is she telling the truth?
Symptoms:  Upset all the time, hitting my self, feel worthless, feel lonely