Is my neuropathy a symptom of diabetes or something else?

Q: I am 30 years old. Last year, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. After birth, my glucose levels remained elevated, and I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic in December 2014. My A1C level was 6.6. For the past 4 months, I have had numbness/pain in my arms and hands, feet/legs, and most recently, my face (especially right side). The pain and numbness is constant but varies in severity. I saw an orthopedic doctor, and he said that I had moderate carpal tunnel syndrome and also a positive right ankle clonus test. Does this neuropathy sound like it is related to my diabetes or could be something else neurological?

Symptoms:  Constant numbness in hands, feet, legs, arms, and face on both sides of body but more so on right; blurred vision; fatigue; depression