Is my partner pregnant?

Patient

Q: How will i be able to tell if my partner is pregnant? how will she know? what could be going on with her if not pregnant?

Symptoms:  Tender breast, fatigue, mood swings, increased or unusual sense of smell, small random spotting, missed periods, animals are acting differently
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thank you for writing to ATD.

Pregnancy symptoms are quite vague in nature and range from nausea, vomiting, tender breasts, altered smell, lower abdominal heaviness etc. If your partner has missed her periods, the easiest way to test for a pregnancy is to take a home pregnancy test.

Home pregnancy tests are readily available over the counter, urine based tests. They test for the presence of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), pregnancy hormones in the woman's urine. One just needs to follow the manufacturer's instructions mentioned on the pack which are very easy to follow. The best time to test is early in the morning with the first void of urine after a night's sleep. One may take the test any time after missing one's periods or after experiencing pregnancy like symptoms.
I am sure your partner will be able to take the test herself with these instructions.

Hope this helps.
All the best.