Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is my penis too small for sex?

Is my penis too small for sex?

Patient: Hi, doctor i am 17 and my penis is 8-10cm. Is this normal? What can I do to increase it? Should I maturbate?

Symptoms: Small Penis

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.A normal erect penis size ranges from 4 inches to 7 inches. That is from 10-20 cms. If it is around 10 cms, you can still have a normal sex life. Only the outer 1/3 rd of female vagina has receptors, which lets them enjoy sex. So even with a penis as short as 3-4 inches a normal sex life can be enjoyed.But it will be better if you get your serum testosterone evaluated. If serum testosterone is low, then treatment can be given accordingly and it will help with the size too.I will advise you to meet an andrologist and proceed with further investigations.Hope this was helpful,Regards.