Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Is my thyroid inflamed? Copy and past the link to

Is my thyroid inflamed? Copy and past the link to

Patient: Is my thyroid inflamed? Copy and past the link to see a picture of my neck! It’s kind of a ridiculous angle but hopefully you can see it!http://s15.postimg.org/xyyfeeqzf/image.jpg

Is my thyroid inflamed? Cop...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.On reviewing your picture attached with the query, it looks like an acute inflammation of the thyroid gland or even a lymphadenitis.The condition needs to be ruled out by an examination. Consult an ENT doctor for an examination and specific anti-inflammatory medicines. Antibiotics may be needed.Hope this helped.Regards