Is nature bounty vitamin c plus zinc good to take

Patient : Is nature bounty vitamin c plus zinc good to take while pregnant or does it induces chances of miscarriage?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Zinc belongs to category A drugs in pregnancy, means no adv erse effects noted on fetus. Whereas vitamin C if taken in recommended amount, that is less than 120mg per day, may not harm the baby. More than that dose, it comes under category C drugs, means animal studies have demonstrated few adverse effects on fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. So, better to maintain recommend dosage. Take care.