Is not Masturbating Healthy?

Patient

Q: Is it unhealthy to not masturbate? I heard you are more likely to get prostate cancer if you do not.

Symptoms:  None so far.
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

No, it won't be right to say it is "unhealthy" if you do not masturbate, however, masturbation has its own sexual health benefits. It helps males express their sexual desires without really having sex, and also helps in getting rid of the old semen, thereby boosting semen formation.

There is no proven relationship between no masturbation and prostate cancer.
The fact is, if you do not masturbate, the semen will come out via nightfall and get discharged. So it is definitely a healthy habit.

Hope this was helpful.