Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Is peeing when ejaculating normal?

Is peeing when ejaculating normal?

Patient: When I have the feeling of ejaculating and I do, I start to pee. More and more pee and no sperm. Normal?

Doctor: No, this is not normal! Though both sperm and urine are ejected through the same tube in the penis, they are from two se parate organs and are not suppose to ejected at the same time. You will need ot see a urologist ( a doctor who specializes in disorders affecting the urinary and reproductive systems ) to be thoroughly evaluated. There is a valve that prevents urine and semen from coming out at the same time. It seems that this valve may be weak in your case and you may require some treatment to correct the problem. Please do not hesitate to see a doctor.