Is protection necessary: Anorexia nervosa and no periods

Q: I've been with my partner for the last 3 years and have recently got out of a treatment centre for Anorexia Nervosa. My periods have not re-started, and I have not had one for several years. Me and my partner are both free from STI's, so will contraception be necessary? I have been told that it's possible for me to get pregnant by one doctor, and impossible by another.

A:   Since you have already been treated for anorexia nervosa and now are on the path to recovery, there is a high possibility that you may regain your menstrual cycle. Thus i would highly recommend you to use contraception just to be safe than sorry and also always use it to protect your self against STI irrespective of your current partner. I wish you all the best.