Is protein supplement safe and necessary for muscle building

Patient

Q: Is protein supplement safe and necessary for muscle building

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Supplements are not needed to build muscles. And they are not always safe for use. Excessive use of supplements can cause liver damage and damage to the kidneys. This happens because the body is not able to handle the excess amount of proteins taken.

Also, some protein supplements contain steroids or other dangerous drugs. I will not recommend it at all for you. Hope this helps you. All the best.